2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1 1/2 pounds asparagus spears, cooked and drained
6 thin slices cooked ham
1. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a saucepan over low heat; stir in the flour and salt.
2. Gradually stir in milk; cook, stirring constantly, until thick and smooth.
3. Add cheese; stir until melted. Using 8 slices of boiled ham, wrap about 5 or 6 asparagus spears with a slice of ham, then place in a baking dish. Repeat with remaining ham and asparagus. Place in a 375° oven and heat for about 10 minutes, until heated through.
4. Pour cheese sauce over roll-ups to serve. Serves 4.
5. Serve with tomato slices and biscuits for an easy but elegant lunch.
Comments are closed