2 Cups All Purpose Flour
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
3/4 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
2 Cups Granulated Sugar (See My Notes)
1 Cup Vegetable Oil (I Used Canola Oil)
1 Cup Hot Coffee (I Mixed 1.25 Teaspoons Of Instant Coffee Powder With 1 Cup Of Hot Water)
1 Cup Milk (I Used 2% Milk)
1/2 Cup Silken Tofu Pureed (I Used Nasoya Brand Silken Tofu)
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1. Preheat the oven to 325F (160C) for 15 minutes.
2. Grease and flour (I used cocoa powder to flour the base of the pan because it’s a chocolate cake) two 9-inch cake pans.
3. Sift together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa and sugar into a large mixing bowl.
4. Make a well. Add the canola oil. Then the hot coffee decoction.
5. Add milk.
6. Add the pureed tofu. (Remove the silken tofu from the packet using a spoon add it to the blender and puree it to a creamy mixture)
7. And a couple of drops of vanilla essence.
Comments are closed