2 cups self-rising flour
2 tsp mixed (apple-pie) spice
½ cup butter
½ cup light soft brown sugar
1 cup mixed dried fruit
5 tbsp cold milk
5 tbsp icing sugar
1. Closely line an 18 cm/7in diameter soufflé dish with plastic wrap, allowing it to hang very slightly over the edge.
2. Sift the flour and spice into a bowl and rub in the butter. Add the sugar and dried fruit.
3. Beat together the eggs and milk and pour into the dry ingredients, stirring to a smooth soft consistency with a fork.
4 Spoon into the prepared dish and cover loosely with kitchen paper.
5. Cook on full for 6 1/2-7 minutes until the cake is well risen and just beginning to shrink away from the side of the dish.
6. Remove from the microwave and allow to stand for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack by holding the plastic wrap.
7. When completely cold, peel away the plastic wrap and dust the top with sifted icing sugar.